Subject: Scrambled PAR Anims
From: [email-masked] (Carl Andrew Johnson)
To: Lightwave <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 16:18:48 -0600

After listening to everyones suggestions on how NOT to scramble my PAR
animations (one person suggested buy a Flyer!) I tried the following.

It was certainly not the IDEAL solution, but it worked. I turned my machine
off and let it cool over night. The next morning I did an optimize and ran
into no problems. For the first time ever, I lost no animations doing an
optimize.

One recommendation that vendors may wish to consider is putting a caution
or suggestion or recommendation on their products stating that it is
recommended that they go into an enclosure with it's own fan or may no more
than two peripherals in a case or SOMETHING that gives a warning that heat
may degrade performance. I'm sure we all know this, but sometimes we need
to be slapped in the face with that reality.

The company I work for has lost THOUSANDS of dollars in fried disk drives.
We have over 80 files servers, each one averaging 10 gigs. We notice on an
inspection that many of cabinets, the fans weren't working. We also loose
about one drive every three months.

Enough babbling.

-carl

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_
 \_   -Reply to:                   \_
  \_          [email-masked]      \_
   \_ _______________________________\_
    \_     Or check out my Web Page   \_
     \_  http://www.crl.com/~cjohnson  \_
      \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

--
[email-masked] (Carl Andrew Johnson) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]